The goal of the proposed fire district is the protection of life and property within the Row River Valley community. We are following a proven path to successfully meet this goal with the following:
Fighting Structural Fire:
We are equipping our firefighter volunteers with knowledge, skills, training, techniques, and tools. This will benefit the entire community including those who volunteer.
- RR Volunteer Firefighters are in training to respond to structural fires in the standard capacities including exterior defense, transitional attack, and interior firefighting in accordance with NFPA, DPSST, and the Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines of any authorities having jurisdiction.
- RR Volunteer Firefighters have begun extensive training, Firefighter 1 and Firefighter 2 training continues in January 2024.
- Specifically, regarding interior firefighting, our trained firefighters will be certified in the use of SCBA and provided with the necessary equipment and support, (such as ‘2 in 2 out’, RIT, apparatus, etc.).
- Of note, there is an exception to the ‘2 in 2 out’ rule when the responding certified firefighter determines that there is a life in danger (rescue), so that rescue operations can be undertaken urgently when necessary.
- During the transition period while our volunteers are in firefighter 1 training, they will respond to structural fires and provide exterior, transitional, or defensive attack depending on fire conditions and other variables.
This FAQ was updated Oct. 25, 2023